Everyone is creative. To let the creative force run through you, is to let life in.
Whether you are being creative or enjoying someone else’s creation, you are equally receiving a form of healing I believe.
Sometimes you may feel as if there’s no time to be creative, but there are opportunities every day.
What Can I Do On A Daily Basis To Be Creative?
• Whenever you make food you can be creative with flavours and how you present the meal.
• Choosing your outfit, styling your hair and adding makeup are other day to day tasks where you have the chance to express yourself creatively.
• Instead of typing in your daily To-Do-List and notes, use your own handwriting to write it down.
• While you travel during the day why not practice your skills capturing memories? I’ve got an iPhone which has a great quality camera that makes it easy taking pictures on the go.
What else can I do?
• Tryout new classes.
• Watch other people being creative. Perhaps you can awaken your own skills by watching others?
• Go for a walk. Especially walks in nature tends to help with the creative spark.
• Find your own way of meditation. The more we ’empty’ our minds, the more we can receive.
• Find new friends and groups that are interested in creativity.
Like everything else, practice makes perfect. Make a promise to yourself to take the first step, then find ways of cultivating your own gift of creativity on a daily basis.
“Let life flow through you.”
~ Maria Love Yoo